Radiesse is a dermal filler used for long term contouring and vertical lift. Radiesse is indicated and often preferred when treating patients who desire a more defined chiseled result, as is typical with the male jaw line.
Radiesse is also indicated and used for rejuvenating the appearance of aging hands. As we age our hands become thinner with the appearance of bones, veins and tendons. Radiesse can be used to restore volume and tighten the skin on the hands, giving a more youthful appearance.
Who is a good candidate for Radiesse?
- You are 18 years old or older.
- In overall good health.
- Not pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Non-smokers are ideal candidates due to the healing process. Smoking can cause the body to take longer to heal post-treatment.
- Those who want to restore volume loss and refreshen their appearance due to the anti-aging process.
- Those interested in enhancing their jawline or chin or rejuvenate their hands.
- Have realistic expectations with the treatment and results.
What to expect during treatment:
On average, your treatment will vary depending on the area but will take approximately 15-30mins. Depending on the area you have decided to treat after your consultation, a topical numbing cream and ice pack will be applied to keep you comfortable. Our Nurse Injectors will choose the most appropriate injection technique based on the area you want treated. The two most common injection technique are: needle technique or cannula technique. Both can be used in combination to achieve best results and this can be discussed during the consultation. The treatment itself is straight forward and our Nurse Injectors will ensure you are comfortable as they inject the filler. Once treatment is completed, you can ice the area as needed to reduce any swelling or bruising.