Sculptra is an FDA-approved product (Poly-L-Lactic Acid) that is injected into the deeper fat layers. Sculptra stimulates your own collagen production, therefore creating more volume and an improved skin texture. With aging comes loss of volume. Sculptra can be used to correct this volume loss and restore a natural more youthful appearance. Sculptra is used to treat shallow and deep wrinkles gradually to restore structure and produce a smooth healthy glow.
Unlike regular Dermal Fillers Sculptra works gradually, producing your own collagen to correct volume loss and signs of aging. One to four treatments, three weeks apart, are recommended to produce optimal results. 80% of Sculptra users are still happy with their results 25 months after their injections.
Who is a good candidate for Sculptra?
- You are 18 years old or older.
- In overall good health.
- Not pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Not immunocompromised or those suffer from an autoimmune disease.
- Those who are not prone to keloid scar formations.
- Those who do not have an active skin infection or rash.
- Those who are concerned with hollowness due to volume loss due to aging, weight loss.
- Have realistic expectations with the treatment and results
What to expect during treatment:
On average, the treatment itself will take between 15-30 minutes. After your consultation, our Nurse Injector will mark the areas that they will be injecting. A topical numbing cream will be applied to keep you comfortable. The Nurse Injector will inject the areas that requires the collagen stimulation and growth and will chose safest technique for that area. Once treatment is done, the Nurse Injector will massage the area vigorously.